Spring Garden Festival 2010 “Conservation in Bloom”
Contact: Elizabeth Ramos, 619‐985‐8337 or Susan Butler, 619‐992‐4189
Saturday, April 24, 2010
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Event: A family‐friendly community celebration of spring and a green future with educational programs, exhibitors, and demonstrations that highlight conservation of resources and culture. Cuyamaca College’s Ornamental Horticulture Department, the Water Conservation Garden, and the Heritage of the Americas Museum partner to produce this annual event, now in its 17th year.
Attendance: Over 7,000 people attend this event annually.
Purpose: To showcase and benefit the educational programs of the three event partners and Cuyamaca College.
- Conservation Courtyard with Demonstrations of Green Living
- Ornamental Horticulture’s Biggest Plant Sale of the Year
- Landscape Design Consultations
- Native American Dancing, Art Show, and Artifacts Alive!
- Children’s Activities, including Llama Rides
- Local Musical Guests
- Crafts and Gardening‐related Exhibitors
- Gardening Experts
- Water Smart Plaza
- Full‐color posters, flyers, and postcards, totaling more than 7,000 pieces
- Mention on KPBS radio and television throughout March and April
- Publications and websites of the 3 partner organizations, circulation
- Facebook Fans and Groups, and 10+ community websites
- Major calendar listings in the San Diego Reader, the Homescapes section of the San Diego Union Tribune
- Full page flyer in the San Diego Horticulture Society newsletter and website, circulation 1,200
- Newsletter mention and/or bill inserts by several participating water districts, with a reach of over 1.5 million people.